This section walks you through the process of connecting your Xero account to your Pooltrackr account.
- Go to Account > Integrations > Xero
- Run the de-duplication tool across your contacts. At a minimum, ensure you de-duplicate by Contact name
- Once complete, press Skip deduplication
- Press the Connect to Xero button
- Login to Xero
- Select the organisation you wish to connect to Pooltrackr and press Allow access
You will now be taken back to Pooltrackr, to integrate your contacts.
The names on the left are your Pooltrackr contacts, the names on the right in the dropdown, are your Xero contacts.
- Use the dropdown at the top, to identify which data you would like to keep. This means when you connect two contacts, would you like the Xero data to override the Pooltrackr data, or vice versa. Don’t worry, your pool information will not be affected.
- The system will suggest linked contacts based on a number of variables. If you think the link is incorrect, you can choose another contact in the dropdown.
- If you do not believe that the contact in Pooltrackr exists is Xero, choose the Create contact in Xero option
- You cannot link multiple Pooltrackr contacts in Pooltrackr to a single contact in Xero. If this has occurred, you will see a Contact already selected flag. You can filter by Contact already selected and choose the correct contact for each. You will not be allowed to proceed until all Contact already selected flags have been removed.
This screen shows all your Xero contacts. If they have not been linked, this screen enables you to decide whether to create these contacts in Pooltrackr or not.
Once you have completed this stage, you can start the sync process. This may take up to 30 minutes.
Now that your sync is complete, you can link Pooltrackr product categories to your Xero sales accounts. This enables more detailed tracking via Xero chart of accounts. The information on the left, is the Pooltrackr product categories, whist the information on the right is your Xero accounts. Once complete, press save and your integration is ready to go. Keep in mind you can come back to this screen at any time to update linked accounts.
Pooltrackr has contact, invoice and chart of accounts integration.
When you create a contact in Pooltrackr, they will be immediately created in Xero. This is a one-way integration so any new contacts should be created in Pooltrackr rather than Xero. If new contacts are created in Xero you will need to disconnect the Xero integration and then remap.
When you create an invoice in Pooltrackr, the invoice will be sent immediately to Xero, with all line items. The invoice will be assigned to the linked contact, and the line items will be assigned to the linked sales account.
Chart of accounts
You can connect your Pooltrackr product accounts to the relevant account in Xero. When an invoice is pushed through, the line items will be assigned to the linked sales account.
The Stripe integration allows you to on-charge Stripe fees and assign fees collected and paid to the relevant Xero account. Please see the Stripe integration section for more information.
If you have any troubles getting Xero up and running, send us an email.